I did manage to think long and hard about my allied army though. What with the Kelowna tournament finished, I felt it was time to really commit to an allied force so that people weren’t forced to play blue because I was playing black. At first I thought that I was going to upgrade my British force to Late War and play them but what with the new Blood, Guts & Glory book out and the truly horrid paint job on my desert-themed British, I was loathe to take the time to strip them and paint them again.
So in the end I decided to go with Americans. I like their versatility. We only have one regular player of Americans in our club, so I figured that it was either them or Soviets (gasp. The thought of all that painting!) because British were pretty well represented in our gang.
I think the Americans are interesting because of their presence in the D-Day campaigns, the sheer production capacity that enabled them to secure their position as a world super power in the post-war era as well as the decision to wait until later in the war to join.
So this is the first post for “Project America.” Every week I shall commit to at least 1 post showcasing the work that I have made on my American army.
So far I have collected 2 boxes of Armored Rifle Platoons, 1 box of M18 Hellcat Tank Destroyers along with the Security Detail (VERY excited about those!), a box of Shermans and an Armored Rifle Command Section.
I’m starting the long task of assembly so I can start field testing lists. Later this week I’ll cover the M18 Hellcat boxed set.